The Lumi Presence Sensor combines Radar and PIR technology to create a superior motion detection device. It can sense movement accurately and reliably, and it also provides a range of features to enhance user convenience and comfort.
1. Features of the Lumi Presence Sensor
- The Lumi Presence Sensor is designed to be tiny, simple, and elegant, making it easy to install.
- The sensor body and case are made of UL94-V0 flame-retardant PC, ensuring the safety of users.
- Radar and PIR sensors are integrated inside the sensor to optimize the benefits of both technologies.
2. Advantages of Lumi Smart Presence Sensor
2.1. Energy savings by turning devices on and off accurately
- The combination of FMCW Radar (continuous wave frequency radar) and PIR technology provides superior human detection capabilities. This combination helps to reduce noise and ensure higher accuracy and reliability in detecting the presence of humans.
- The new generation of presence sensors can accurately detect even when not moving much, such as sitting in meditation, reading, working, or going to the toilet.
- It limits the impact of the environment, such as hot wind, air conditioner wind, fan, or sunlight shining on the sensor; thereby minimizing signal noise and turning off the lights after 3 minutes to minimize energy waste.
- They also ignore flying objects, such as toys or balls.
- The Lumi presence sensor lets users set the operating time through the Lumi Life+ app. This way, the sensor can control the lights according to the user’s schedule and save energy
2.2. Outstanding convenience with the ability to maintain the detection of human presence
- Using FMCW Radar technology, the presence sensor can sense the subtle and constant changes in breathing and heart rate of a human body, even if it is not moving. This feature enables the sensor to keep detecting people in the scanned area without interruption.
- The presence sensor also has a light sensor that enhances the user experience when connected with other smart home devices. The light sensor measures the natural light level in the installation area and automatically adjusts the light switch accordingly.
2.3. Flexible configuration and quick installation
- The Lumi presence sensor provides convenience for the installation, setup, and configuration process. Users can easily purchase and install the sensor in just a few minutes.
- The Lumi smart presence sensor provides flexibility by including three different lens covers, allowing users to customize the detection area to each room.
- In addition, users can also select the sensor mode based on their specific demands, including:
- PIR sensor mode
- Radar sensor mode
- PIR and Radar combined mode
- You can adjust the installation distance to suit your needs, depending on how high the ceiling is and how far you want the sensor to detect.
- You can also use the Lumi Life+ app on your smartphone to set up and control the sensor easily.
2.4. Privacy protection when deployed in private areas
- The Lumi Presence Sensor is the perfect solution for private spaces such as bedrooms and bathrooms, as it prevents turning off the lights when there is little movement, which can annoy users.
- However, using AI cameras to detect motion is inappropriate for private areas. The presence sensor is able to automatically turn on and off lights and maintain them without collecting images, enabling convenience while safeguarding users’ privacy.
3. Applications of the new generation presence sensor
With the outstanding advantages mentioned above, the presence sensor is currently used in spaces such as:
- Meeting rooms
- Reading rooms
Above is detailed information about the new generation Lumi presence sensor product. Contact Hotline to receive more detailed product advice from Lumi experts.